Energizing a Forgotten District
Arcus Landmark Depot
The Arcus Foundation commissioned Cambridge Seven to redevelop an historic 1874 passenger depot and warehouse to encourage interaction and communication among a diverse population of advocates for human, civil and animal rights. The centerpiece of the project, a 1,500 SF wintergarden, provides a multi-function gathering space. The existing 10,000 SF warehouse was designed by Cambridge Seven to house a cafe and office space with breakout spaces for use during conferences and training sessions. Listed on the Michigan Register of Historic Places, the site of the 5,000 SF station has been restored to its former grandeur, revitalizing a long forgotten part of the City.